Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Advent - Day 3


The One for Whom we wait has many Names...

Day 3:  Wonderful Counselor

Wonderful - he IS wonderful!!  And as we behold Him, we are full of wonder...

...that He came to earth as a child - a bloody, helpless, squalling child - for the purpose of showing us the glory of God in the plan of redemption;

...that this same child is the One who made all things, and without Him was not anything made that was made - from the most microscopic fragment (which seems to be getting smaller all the time as we develop more powerful ways to see), to the vastness of the universe and beyond (which seems to be getting larger all the time as we develop more powerful ways to see), and which, from all physical aspects, hangs on NOTHING!

...that this child lived a perfectly sinless life on this sin-cursed earth, and then as a man He humbled Himself and chose to become a curse for me, so that I, who have never known one moment of sinlessness, might become His righteousness.  Not only just as if I'd never sinned, but just as if I'd always been innocent!  That's important to me!

...that this same child will come again, not as a tiny babe, but as a conquering Hero, Faithful and True, with eyes like a flame of fire, to judge and make war on all evil;

...that this Creator/Baby/Sacrifice/Hero God loves me!  And offers Himself as my Counselor!  My Advisor!  My Lawyer!

My mind can comprehend none of this.  So in reverent awe I wonder... and I believe... and I long... and I pray...  "Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment