Saturday, March 23, 2013

How to Smile Again...


"Look away from me, that I may smile again, before I depart and am no more." -Psalm 39:13

Here's David, the Godly shepherd king, in such a dark place that he was all mixed up about Who God is.  It's not by God's "looking away" that we can smile again.  The truth is that "those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. (Psalm 34:5)

And...

"...then man prays to God and He accepts him; he sees His face with a shout of joy and He restores man to righteousness. (Job 33:26-...)

For a while David forgot.

Maybe this was one of the times when his good friend, Jonathan, strengthened him in The Lord.  I have friends like that!  Or maybe David did some very purposeful soul talk.  He was good at that!  (Psalm 42:5, 11; 43:5). Maybe truth shined through into the dark in some other way.  However it happened, we know from many passages, including Psalm 27:4,  that the man after God's own heart did not stay believing the lie.  He sought hard to see the face of God!

Let us do the same!  In times of darkness and in times of light.

"One thing have I asked of the Lord, that I will seek after, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of The Lord and to inquire in His temple."

No comments:

Post a Comment