Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Prayer for This Year...

I have a couple passages of Scripture that I am turning into consistent prayers this year...

1.  That my family and I would grow by leaps and bounds in coming "to KNOW and BELIEVE the love that God has for us!"  (1 John 4:16). This "know" means more than just knowing some facts, like the recipe for a cake.  This "knowing" is savoring the cake!  It points to a level of relationship and intimacy that is deep and satisfying...knowing it in my heart!  It's knowing the love of God so well that I am completely "satisfied in the morning (and all day long) with this steadfast love!" (Psalm 90:14); and

2.  For my marriage, for my family, for my church, and for the Body of Christ - "May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."  (Romans 15:5-6)

In Jesus' Name,

Grant it, Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment