Friday, January 4, 2013

From Innocence to Innocence

"And The Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil..."

And from that day forward every person would know the longing, the yearning, for something Adam and Eve didn't even realize they had until they lost it.  Innocence!

Innocence lost!

I have felt that longing - over and over again.  Can you imagine what it feels like to be truly innocent?  I try, but I cannot.   I watch my grandchildren, and something in me wants to completely shield them from all things not pure.  They have a type of innocence that is refreshing, but it is all too obvious that even from their earliest days, they are not truly innocent.  They are consumed with self from day one!  And even the imperfect innocence of childhood that they do have is lost so early - for some earlier than others.  Everywhere we turn, our senses are bombarded with all things opposite.

But then I read Jude 24... "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of His glory with great joy,...  Blameless?  Checking in some other translations and paraphrases I find such words as immaculate, fresh, unblemished, faultless, pure...  This sounds very much like innocence to me!

Innocence regained!

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you innocent!  To HIM be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forevermore!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment