Friday, February 10, 2012

Ephesians 3:10

Just two more days down here in Florida. Each time I come, I enjoy my time with my family more! And each time goes by too fast, although I will admit I am missing my northern family, especially my husband!

When I'm planning for the trip, I always think I will have lots of down time to read and even perhaps journal a bit, but when I'm here, I find that other things call for my attention and the days fill up quickly. That is good, though, because those other "things" are usually people related, and that's the main reason I visit. I LOVE my Florida family!

My friend's husband posted on facebook today a question that he says he's been wrestling with a lot lately - "What is the Biblical definition of church"? That got me to thinking not about the definition so much as a verse in Ephesians that talks about an important, and frankly, quite mind-boggling, function of the church - (3:10) "so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places".

I can't really wrap my mind around that! How in the world can we - frail and sinful - human beings make known anything to the rulers and authorities in heavenly places??? But once again I must remind myself that it's not about us; it is about HIM! Perhaps it takes "frail and sinful" for God's wisdom to be fully displayed. After all, how does One show the wisdom of mercy without something (or someone) requiring mercy? Same with the wisdom of grace, long-suffering, forgiveness... All those attributes of God require a recipient in order to be displayed. Our God is so beyond comphension! So other! "What is man that You are mindful of Him"?

I need to remember this verse in Ephesians and more consistently do my part in making known God's manifold wisdom to the rulers and authorities. Still MIND BOGGLING!!!

Right now I am sitting on the porch experiencing some of God's wisdom of grace - the skies are pouring down rain on a sandy land very much in need of moisture. And my heart is filled with thankfulness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment