Monday, October 19, 2009

Missionary to Poland

In church yesterday we had a man and his wife who are from Poland and getting ready to go back as missionaries. The Lord really used his testimony to speak to my heart. It was such a blessing to hear how God worked in his heart over the course of several years to bring him to Himself. Sometimes I can get discouraged because I want to see things happen faster, both in my spiritual growth and in seeing loved ones come to know the Lord. I must remember that God's "time" is not our time. Then today in my devotional, Our Journey, I read the same thought along with this verse: "Woe to those who say 'Let Him (God) be quick, let Him speed His work that we may see it....'" (Isaiah 5:19) Father, help me to fulfill my responsibilities and trust You with the results and the timing. Help me to sow bits of Your Word often throughout my day. Help me to be willing. The harvest is in Your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment