Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus!!

"God sees us as perfect in His Son while He disciplines and purges us to make us that way." -A.W. Tozer

And between what He sees and reckons us to be and what we are is the GAP! The frustrating gap!! I hope it's getting smaller every day as God works His will in my life, but I certainly do long for perfection, for completion.

Here's some great scripture:

"I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my whole being rejoices." -Psalm 16:8-9 (I believe that would be the answer to depression!)

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." -2 Corinthians 3:18 (That would be the answer to change - as we behold the glory of the Lord. We must keep our eyes on Jesus!!)

And then someday - "...we know that when He appears we will be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is." -1 John 3:2

Now we "see through a glass darkly" and still we are being changed, "but then face to face" -1 Cor. 13:12- and the change will be instantaneous. Do you get it??? Do I get it??? We MUST keep our eyes on Jesus!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus!
Look full in His wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment