Thursday, September 27, 2012

Operatio

Back on January 1 of this year I posted four elements needed for a Joshua 1:8 kind of successful year.  They are: Lectio (reading); Meditatio (meditation); Oratio (prayer); and Contemplatio (contemplation).  Now, as we near the end of the year, I find myself needing to be reminded of this simple plan.  My how I tend towards the complicated!!  Upon the advice of a dear friend, I am adding one more - Operatio (resolve to act!). I need to make and act upon practical resolutions by which I cooperate in the process to conform my life to Christ.  This is a much-needed step to move from good intentions to right actions, and so often where I fall short.

"Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God."  -2 Corinthians 7:1. Operatio!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment