Sunday, August 5, 2012

Benjamin May

"Here lies the body of Benjamin May
Who died defending the right-of-way.
He was right, dead right, as he sped along,
But he's just as dead as if he were wrong!"

I need to remember that there's a right way and a wrong way to be right.  The wrong way can certainly lead to death - of dignity, of relationship, of influence...

May I be strong enough to stand for what is right, but humble and wise enough to do so graciously.  May I strive to be more like Jesus Christ, the perfect example of grace and truth.  My tendency is definitely to swing, sometimes wildly, towards one or the other.  And that can often happen within the same sixty seconds!  May it be Truth that offends and not my foolish, prideful actions.  So help me, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment